Thursday, 21 January 2016

How will the audience 'use' my thriller film?


Uses and gratifications theory-

How will the audience 'use' my film?..



This is a post which relates to my last one that I posted, which was based on the uses and gratifications theory and linking it to my own thriller opening and film. Here I include how I think that my target audience will 'use' my film and why I think they will choose to watch it...


I think that the target audience for our film will use our film mainly for their personal entertainment. I believe this as our thriller is aiming to be a very dramatic thriller type film which I think will have the audience 'on the edge of their seats' and want to see what happens next to the characters and the overall plot of the film.

I also think that the audience will be able to relate to our film as the opening starts off with a family that are having a bit of conflict. I think therefore that the audience might be able to see similarities in their lives along with the lives of the characters in our thriller, which I think will also make them want to continue watching . I think this as they will be able to interact more with the film and the other characters within it more, which will also lead them to wanting to see what happens next in the film.
By this I mean that I think the audience will be able to relate this thriller opening and film to their personal relationships including their family,as we all know that families do not always get along and sometimes argue over things that they do no agree on. (Meaning that they can emotionally connect with the film, the action, and the feelings of the characters).
I think that out thriller opening/film will also allow to give a message to the viewers that life isn't always what we expect it to be, and that sometimes bad things can happen even if everything seems perfect or just like a normal life.
surveillance (close observation, especially for a suspected spy or criminal)- I believe that our audience will use our thriller this way as they want to try and figure out the plot themselves, which is another way that they will be able to be more engaged in the film.



No comments:

Post a Comment