Saturday, 2 January 2016

Audience Theories





My thoughts: 

Active V Passive-
I in some ways agree with the active and passive theory, for example if someone sees a film that inspires them then they might want to go out and do something, by this I mean that it could change the way they think about something. However, If there was a film about murder it doesn't mean that it will put the idea in someones head to kill somebody, this is a way in which I disagree with the passive side.
I also both agree and disagree with the active side sort of in the same way. For example, if the film is trying to promote something such as stopping animal testing then it's the audience members choice in how they react to that.

Hypodermic needle theory-
I think of this theory in the same way as i do with the passive side of the active v passive theory... I also think that it depends on the induvidual in terms of how the media makes them think.

The reception theory-
This happens I think in quite a lot of films...

Uses and gratifications theory-
I mainly agree with this theory and as i have already said, it depends on the induvidual. Therefore I think that if there is a film with such a strong message then it will deffinetly effect the audience members to act upon something, however they may just choose to do what they want anyway.

In my coraline textual analysis, I think that the film is deffinetly trying to set a scene in the audiences head and make them understand what type of film it is, however I don' think the film particually chages peoples thoughts as there isn't really a very clear messge that it gives out. 
However, I think that this again depends on the induvidual and how they may interpret the message that the film may be giving out to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment